Sent in by Helen CCC – Manchester and adapted from delicious magazine July 2012
- 6 egg whites
- 220 golden castor
- 125g ground almonds
- 400g Halva which I purchased from barbakan in chorlton, chopped
- 1tbsp coco powder
- 150g dates chopped
- Zest 2 oranges
- 120g dark choc chopped
- Double brandy
- Pistachios pomegranate seeds
- 100g melted choc to top
Preheat oven 150 C, grease and line 22 cm springform tin
- Beat egg whites till stiff then add sugar and beat for 5 mins.
- Beat in coco powder
- Fold in ground almonds, halva , dates, zest and chocolate.
- Bake for 1 h 15mins.
- Once removed from oven, stick holes in with skewer and top with brandy.
- Once cool top with meted choc ( I used dairy milk due to a late night choc panic buy) nuts pomegranate and mint leaves.
Note this recipe has not been tested or edited by CCC