Time: 7pm - 9pm
Theme: Springing into Easter!
The days are getting longer, the nights are lighter and it feels like the world is waking up and beginning anew. So your challenge is to bake something you haven't baked for ages or a completely new recipe. Is there an old recipe hanging around that you tried once but haven't had an opportunity to do again? Is there something you really fancy having a go at, maybe in a cook book you got for Christmas? Now is your chance! Dust off your aprons, dig out your recipe books and let's bake!
Venue: Central Alnwick.
Additional venue info: The venue would normally charge but have kindly agreed to waive the fee and can provide tea and coffee for £1.50 per person. There is also the option to buy alcoholic beverages.
Please try to let me know which cake you would like to make at the time of booking and check this page for the flavours already being made. I encourage different flavours and no two cakes the same because it encourages judging if there are identical cakes.
Book a placeTo book a place, please contact Sarah Hutchinson email@example.com with the following information:
- Details of the event you are booking for
- Are you bringing a guest, if so what is their name
- What cake are you bringing, you can decide later.
Additional event info:There is on street parking available and there are several car parks within walking distance that do not charge after 6pm.
It is also a short walk from the X15 or X18 Berwick/Newcastle bus route and Alnwick Bus station.
The venue is not wheelchair/disability friendly.
If I have no RSVPs by 24th March, I will have to cancel it as the venue were let down by nobody attending the November event.
Points to remember
- Each cake must be large enough to slice into around 8 – 12 good slices.
- Sorry, but NO cupcakes, Muffins, Brownies, Cookies, Pies or Tarts.
- Home-bakers, professional bakers and men can join in. It's not a competition, no judging, just a lot of fun. And you get to take cake home.
- A baker can bring a guest but you must indicate this at the time of booking
- Take a look at our Home Page to see what fun we have.
- Read what Clandestine Cake Club is all about and have a mosey on over at the disclaimer page before you book.
- Register as a CCC member and join this group.
AttendeesSarah - Passion fruit and lemon curd layer cake - 1 guest (non baker)
Lindsay - Cake TBC, Guest - TBC
Kerrie - Rhubarb and Custard cake - 1 guest (TBC)