Time: 3pm - 5pm
Theme: American Thanksgiving
As Thanksgiving is a few days earlier than this meeting, let's use that as inspiration!
Did you know that many of the US states have a state fruit, such as apple, blueberry, peach or strawberry? You can find a list on google and pick a cake using that ingredient.
Some cities/states have cakes named after them, such as Boston Cream Pie (which, despite the name, is a cake!), Brooklyn Blackout Cake, New York Cheesecake plus there are some cakes that were (supposedly) invented in the USA - Devil's Food Cake, Angel Food Cake, Red Velvet Cake. There are also things associated specifically with Thanksgiving, such as pumpkin, sweet potato or pecan.
There are lots of things to inspire that will ensure we have a great selection of cake, covering all the flavours we love and maybe a few surprises! So get thinking, let me know which cake you want to make and whether your association is a state, a city or Thanksgiving itself.
Venue: A little village between Ashford and Canterbury.
Additional venue info: The actual venue is wonderful old (very old) pub restaurant which will be very warm and cosy with a specific area for us to have our meeting.
Our host is very kindly giving us the space free of charge, so please make an effort to purchase at least two drinks during the time you are there.
Book a placeTo book a place, please contact Zarina Hawkins firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Details of the event you are booking for
- Are you bringing a guest, if so what is their name
- What cake are you bringing, you can decide later.
Points to remember
- Each cake must be large enough to slice into around 8 – 12 good slices.
- Sorry, but NO cupcakes, Muffins, Brownies, Cookies, Pies or Tarts.
- Home-bakers, professional bakers and men can join in. It's not a competition, no judging, just a lot of fun. And you get to take cake home.
- A baker can bring a guest but you must indicate this at the time of booking
- Take a look at our Home Page to see what fun we have.
- Read what Clandestine Cake Club is all about and have a mosey on over at the disclaimer page before you book.
- Register as a CCC member and join this group.
AttendeesZarina & Robert: Devil's Food Cake (American invention)
Danielle: Florida Orange Cake (Florida)
Mel & Mary-clare: Hershey Chocolate Chip Cake (American ingredient)
Mia & Guest: Coffee and Walnut Cake - contains nuts (walnuts = California)
Sandie & Guest: Husband Cake (American invention)
Emma Dew: Cherry Bakewell Cake - contains nuts (cherries = Utah)
Emma Cooke: Pear and Hazelnut Cake - contains nuts (pears = Oregon)
Joce: Blueberry Cake (blueberries = Maine)
Jo & Dan: Mississippi Mud Cake (Mississippi)
Angie: Cake TBC
Shirley: Spiced Apple Muffin Cake (Big Apple = New York)
Julia Thompson: Apple Sauce Cake (apple sauce = Thanksgiving)
Alison: Coca Cola Cake - contains nuts (American ingredient)
Vicky: Coffee and Chocolate Cake (Americana)
Maria: Boston Cream Pie Cake (Boston)