Time: 3pm - 5pm
Theme: Memories are made of Cake!
As we are meeting in Llanduno on a Saturday afternoon in December, it's the perfect opportunity to get a bit of Christmas shopping done, and then follow it up with cake at Cake Club afterwards!
This month we are taking our inspiration from cakes or ingredients that hold a special place in our memories. It doesn't have to be an old memory, but we're often drawn to cakes from our childhoods aren't we? My own cakey memory is from my mid to late teens and was an indulgent cake eaten at a very unsociable time of night - more on that story on the day!!
If nothing springs straight to mind try thinking laterally a bit - maybe you had a great holiday where you ate a lot of pineapple, or perhaps, like my naughty husband, you remember scrumping apples after dark when you were a kid. So you could make a pineapple and coconut cake (http://www.jamieoliver.com/magazine/recipes-view.php?title=pineapple-aamp-coconut-cake) or a Dorset Apple Cake (http://www.itv.com/food/recipes/dorset-apple-cake) We'd love you to be able to regale us with a story connected with your cake too!
Additional venue info: Please come prepared to buy at least one tea or coffee from the venue. There is free parking nearby and if you park somewhere like Abbey Street there's no limit on how long you can park for.
Places are limited and there isn't much time until the gathering now, so please get in touch to book your place as soon as possible!
The venue are very kindly letting us use their facilities for free, so if you want to book a place please make sure you can definitely attend - if they put aside an area for ten people and only four turn up it is disappointing and embarrassing for everyone.
Book a placeTo book a place, please contact Katie 'Cakey' Lench firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Details of the event you are booking for
- Are you bringing a guest, if so what is their name
- What cake are you bringing, you can decide later.
Points to remember
- Each cake must be large enough to slice into around 8 – 12 good slices.
- Sorry, but NO cupcakes, Muffins, Brownies, Cookies, Pies or Tarts.
- Home-bakers, professional bakers and men can join in. It's not a competition, no judging, just a lot of fun. And you get to take cake home.
- A baker can bring a guest but you must indicate this at the time of booking
- Take a look at our Home Page to see what fun we have.
- Read what Clandestine Cake Club is all about and have a mosey on over at the disclaimer page before you book.
- Register as a CCC member and join this group.
Caroline & guest