Time: 17.00 - 19.00
Theme: The Olympics Celebrations Cake 2012
Make a cake for Champions
THE CHAMPIONS STORY
She was a little girl with a dream
Watching champions on the TV screen…
The race of their lives, they’d run
The gold medal desired to be won
You Olympians with your glory and might
Did you know you inspired a girl tonight?
She was then a teenager with a dream
Aspiring to be a champion on that TV screen…
Ambition engraved in her heart
From the running tracks she’d never depart
Growing in speed, strength, determination
Until the day she’d represent her nation
You judges who chose her, this day you’ll never rue
Did you know you’ve just made her dreams come true?
She is now a woman who’s living her dream
She’s the champion on the TV screen...
Head high, face glowing in pride
This moment will never leave her side
The honour, respect, and glory
Never thought she’d tell such a story
You in the crowd, amazed at her win
Today is the day your story begins.
Poem by FOPE JEGEDE, AGED 15 overall winner of the London 2012 Poetry Competition.
Venue: Coventry City Centre
Additional venue info: The event will be held at a local secret location bistro in Coventry , full of great atmosphere . You are able to buy refreshements at the venue and please bring cake stand if you can.
The address will be given 24hrs prior to event to committed attendee and each cake maker can bring a guest .
Please provide details of yourself and guest and if not already a member please join .
We will be having a genius cake maker speaker to give us tips and advice.
So happy baking and I can't wait to meet you all with you fantastic creations.
Book a placeTo book a place, please contact Melly Bluebell firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Details of the event you are booking for
- Are you bringing a guest, if so what is their name
- What cake are you bringing, you can decide later.
Additional event info:We have plenty of spaces so far so please book asap to avoid disapointment .
Points to remember
- Each cake must be large enough to slice into around 8 – 12 good slices.
- Sorry, but NO cupcakes, Muffins, Brownies, Cookies, Pies or Tarts.
- Home-bakers, professional bakers and men can join in. It's not a competition, no judging, just a lot of fun. And you get to take cake home.
- A baker can bring a guest but you must indicate this at the time of booking
- Take a look at our Home Page to see what fun we have.
- Read what Clandestine Cake Club is all about and have a mosey on over at the disclaimer page before you book.
- Register as a CCC member and join this group.
AttendeesElle McCann Guest speaker
Melly Bluebell Host
Tracey Todd + Guest
Claire Briggs + Carole (Guest)
Ros Sharpe + Rachael (Guest)
Hannah R + (Vera ) Guest
Jo Batchelor + Paul