Time: 2.30PM - 4.30PM
Theme: A Homley Christmas
(put your best singing voice on!)
"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas,
Ev'rywhere you go;
Take a look
at your families past
and you will have a blast
with a yummy recipe loved by all
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Cakes for us all to share
Great grannies spiced delight
Or aunties favourite bite
"How delicious" we'll all declare!
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas;
We're snug and warm inside
take a look at your families likes
In this season of sparkly lights
And we'll all have lots of fun"
This event if you haven't guessed is all to do with family traditions, recipes and memories of Christmas at home.
* Maybe a cake from when you were growing up and a cake your mum, aunty or granny made
* Or a recipe passed down
* or firm family favourites that you are asked to make.
* Or maybe just maybe a recipe your drooled over every year but never quite had the chance to make for your family.
The dictionary defines homely as: " simple, plain, comfortable,unpretentious"
***PLEASE NOTE THE DATE HAS CHANGED FROM 9TH DECEMBER TO THE 2ND DECEMBER***
Venue: West Auckland, Near Bishop Auckland, Co Durham (Close to A688)
Additional venue info: The venue is wonderful and snug it also has a log burner to add to the winter Christmassy theme
Mulled wine and hot chocolate will be available as well as the usual tea, coffee, squash.
Parking available in a small parking area and roadside.
Close to the following bus link http://www.simplygo.com/our-services/the-ok-expressway/
There is a £3 charge for this event which includes all the cake you can eat (!), drinks, nibbles and craft demo/workshop
P.S. There are resident cats at this venue- they are super friendly though
Book a placeTo book a place, please contact Charlie email@example.com with the following information:
- Details of the event you are booking for
- Are you bringing a guest, if so what is their name
- What cake are you bringing, you can decide later.
Additional event info:As a special Christmas treat for everyone attending ....
We have the wonderfully talented textile artist Gillian Arnold running a wonderful card making workshop for everyone to have a go at!
Check out her wonderful creations here http://gillianarnold.co.uk/
Her stunning creations can be bought online via her website
or at Greenwich Market, London every day throughout December and every Fri/Sat/Sun throughout the year.
or at one of our previous CCC hosts, http://www.durhamchristmasfair.co.uk/
Poplar Garden Centre Shincliffe on the 8 and 9 December.
Points to remember
- Each cake must be large enough to slice into around 8 – 12 good slices.
- Sorry, but NO cupcakes, Muffins, Brownies, Cookies, Pies or Tarts.
- Home-bakers, professional bakers and men can join in. It's not a competition, no judging, just a lot of fun. And you get to take cake home.
- A baker can bring a guest but you must indicate this at the time of booking
- Take a look at our Home Page to see what fun we have.
- Read what Clandestine Cake Club is all about and have a mosey on over at the disclaimer page before you book.
- Register as a CCC member and join this group.