Time: 3pm - 5pm
Theme: Winter Warmth
"Spread the Warmth is an Age UK campaign to prevent thousands of older people suffering needlessly this winter, to reduce the number of preventable winter deaths among people in later life, and to make this time of year better for those who may have otherwise nowhere to turn".
With this in mind, lets think of the warmth that spices can bring to a cake. Cinnamon, Ginger, Allspice, Mixed Spice, all have comforting warm feelings attached to them. But don't forget about Rum with chocolate. Whisky and Marmalade, all comforting aromas and tastes.
Venue: City Centre Cafe in Leeds.
Additional venue info: At this time of year, with the dark afternoon and nights upon us, I'm told that this venue is wonderfully lit when the sun goes down.
So book a place, bake your cake, enjoy a slice or three with a few mugs of tea and coffee. Meet other cake lovers where for a few hours we can enjoy the warmth and welcome this community cafe has to offer
*** The venue is fully wheel chair accessible inc a toilet. ***
Book a placeTo book a place, please contact Lynn Hill email@example.com with the following information:
- Details of the event you are booking for
- Are you bringing a guest, if so what is their name
- What cake are you bringing, you can decide later.
Additional event info:During this event, Mike Wallis will be doing a special video recording and would love to combine this with interviews from willing bakers and guests.
This is a very special event to be held in a city centre community Cafe where refreshments can be bought and monies will go to AgeUkLeeds that this cafe supports. I look forward to seeing you all there.
Points to remember
- Each cake must be large enough to slice into around 8 – 12 good slices.
- Sorry, but NO cupcakes, Muffins, Brownies, Cookies, Pies or Tarts.
- Home-bakers, professional bakers and men can join in. It's not a competition, no judging, just a lot of fun. And you get to take cake home.
- A baker can bring a guest but you must indicate this at the time of booking
- Take a look at our Home Page to see what fun we have.
- Read what Clandestine Cake Club is all about and have a mosey on over at the disclaimer page before you book.
- Register as a CCC member and join this group.
AttendeesLynn & Guest - coffee caramel cake.
Mike with his video camera & microphone
Brenda and guest
Clare and guest - Apple Crumble Cake
Jini and guest
Evelyn and Abigail - Chocolate, Rum and Almond Cake
Amy - Cinnamon & Chocolate Cake
Denis - Chocolate Chilli Cake & Spicy Yorkshire Tea Loaf.
Vicky - Apple and Clove Cake
Georgie & Brendan - Mulled Cider Cake
Yin and guest - Marmalade upside down cake