Time: 7.00pm - 9.00pm
Theme: The 12 Days of Christmas
All together now...it starts like this..."on the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me...a partridge in a pear tree"...and this well known carol ends like this...
On the twelfth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Twelve drummers drumming,
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree!
So choose your cake from this 12 days of Christmas theme...your cake may have any number of ingredients (up to 12), contain, milk from the maids a milking, eggs from the geese a laying, pears from the pear tree, be shaped like a drum or turtle doves! The choice is yours...if none of these appeal the cake that won your true love's heart once upon a time may be your show stopper.
This will be our Christmas event for 2012 and there is lots going on...we are joining up with the South Lancashire CCC to have a joint Christmas 'do'. There will be angelic heavenly singing choristers from Blackburn Cathedral to sing carols and you can join in with our Bakers Secret Santa gift swap if you like?
Venue: Our venue is a country club and restaurant in a semi rural location but easy to get to from the M61/M6 near Chorley. A wide range of food and drinks are available at our venue, there is no charge for this event so please purchase lots of refreshments from our hosts, alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks are available. Parking is available on site. Public transport is also located nearby.
Additional venue info: PLEASE NOTE PLACES HAVE BEEN DIVIDED BETWEEN THE 2 CLUBS AND PLACES ARE LIMITED PLEASE ONLY BOOK A PLACE FOR YOURSELF AND A GUEST IF YOU DO NEED BOTH PLACES.
Book a placeTo book a place, please contact Susan and Linzi firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Details of the event you are booking for
- Are you bringing a guest, if so what is their name
- What cake are you bringing, you can decide later.
Additional event info:Please note that RSVPs for this event are being co-ordinated by Susan and Linzi from the South Lancs club, so please email the address shown for this event rather than the usual Ribble Valley address. Places will be strictly on a first come, first served basis.
Points to remember
- Each cake must be large enough to slice into around 8 – 12 good slices.
- Sorry, but NO cupcakes, Muffins, Brownies, Cookies, Pies or Tarts.
- Home-bakers, professional bakers and men can join in. It's not a competition, no judging, just a lot of fun. And you get to take cake home.
- A baker can bring a guest but you must indicate this at the time of booking
- Take a look at our Home Page to see what fun we have.
- Read what Clandestine Cake Club is all about and have a mosey on over at the disclaimer page before you book.
- Register as a CCC member and join this group.