Time: 6pm ('til blackout) - 8pm...or whenever the air-raid siren sounds!
Theme: 'Blitz Bakes' - Ration Cakes
Theme - 'Blitz Bakes: Ration Cakes'
I know we've touched upon this theme a lot recently but the reason I chose it is because I'm actually on a WWII Ration Diet for charity throughout July (www.justgiving.com/BlitzBabe). So this way I can stick to my diet and raise money for The Rifles 'Care For Casualties' as well as have a jolly good evening with the other ladies of the WLA in these trying times ;) Because of how my Avon campaign times fall, this will also be a Cake It On! event meaning I will be doing Victory Rolls and we'll have a competition on who can draw the straightest seams down the back of their legs! There are quizzes with prizes to be won and the usual fairly ridiculous SCCC shenanigans. ALL WELCOME, especially those who've not been to an event before...this is not one to be missed!
A baker can bring a guest - see my afternoon-tease.blogspot.co.uk and make-upbake-up.blogspot.co.uk for pics of events and recipe ideas etc
Contact Carla Valentine email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information and with any queries. I'm happy to help! I'm also @TheTeaseMaid on Twitter if you want to get me there for quick Q and A :)
Venue: A secret underground bunker in Shoreditch: Crimson Heart Vintage Shop and Cafe, 87 Leonard St, Shoreditch, London EC2A 4QS. Best tube is Old Street
Additional venue info: You can buy some savoury snacks and copious amounts of tea and coffee in this lovely vintage enclave. You can also bring a sneaky bottle of homebrew, elderflower gin or 'Spitfire' Ale etc for a £3 corkage.
Book a placeTo book a place, please contact Carla Valentine email@example.com with the following information:
- Details of the event you are booking for
- Are you bringing a guest, if so what is their name
- What cake are you bringing, you can decide later.
Additional event info:Because I'm an Avon lady and I also run vintage inspired Avon tea parties, there will be a chance to try and buy Avon products. Please not it's not a money making exercise (I do it for fun!) so you don't have to purchase anything - you're more likely to go away with lots of free samples and prizes than anything!! The option is there simply because my Avon campaigns run once every 3 weeks so there is a clash in dates on this particular occasion. Not all Shoreditch CCC's are like this - it's just a one-off :)
Points to remember
- Each cake must be large enough to slice into around 8 – 12 good slices.
- Sorry, but NO cupcakes, Muffins, Brownies, Cookies, Pies or Tarts.
- Home-bakers, professional bakers and men can join in. It's not a competition, no judging, just a lot of fun. And you get to take cake home.
- A baker can bring a guest but you must indicate this at the time of booking
- Take a look at our Home Page to see what fun we have.
- Read what Clandestine Cake Club is all about and have a mosey on over at the disclaimer page before you book.
- Register as a CCC member and join this group.
AttendeesCarla V - Hazelnut and Date Loaf
Debbie Nathan -
Tori Kosara Cochrane - Eggless Applesauce Cake
Madeline F - Hedgerow Drizzle!
Martha Wass -
Jordan Weaver +1