Time: 7pm - 9pm
Theme: "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree: A 1950's Kitsch-mas!"
It's December and I think we certainly need to celebrate Christmas, but not in the usual way. Since we seem to be getting rapidly catapaulted to the future (can you believe it's nearly December already?) let's instead take a trip back in time.
Try and seek out old 1950's Christmas recipes or just use your favourite cake recipe and decorate it as kitsch and as 50's as you want. I'm hoping for bright greens and reds, glitter and unfashionable ingredients. And of course DRESS TO IMPRESS! Whether it's a novelty Xmas jumper with a flashing rudolph nose or a lovely swing skirt and scarf just go for it as I always give out little prizes for effort :)
We'll also have a christmassy quiz (and I won't give anyone my copy with the answers on like I did last time!!)
Additional venue info: It's somewhere suitably 1950's where food and drink can be purchased, as well as alcohol. You will love it!
Book a placeTo book a place, please contact Carla Valentine firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Details of the event you are booking for
- Are you bringing a guest, if so what is their name
- What cake are you bringing, you can decide later.
Additional event info:I'm taking RSVP's for this event as we had an incredibly large group last time! Let me know if you can come and what you'd like to bake as soon as you can. Thanks!
Points to remember
- Each cake must be large enough to slice into around 8 – 12 good slices.
- Sorry, but NO cupcakes, Muffins, Brownies, Cookies, Pies or Tarts.
- Home-bakers, professional bakers and men can join in. It's not a competition, no judging, just a lot of fun. And you get to take cake home.
- A baker can bring a guest but you must indicate this at the time of booking
- Take a look at our Home Page to see what fun we have.
- Read what Clandestine Cake Club is all about and have a mosey on over at the disclaimer page before you book.
- Register as a CCC member and join this group.
AttendeesCarla Valentine - Christmas Belle Cake (recipe from a 1950's ad: http://rebstevenson.com/2011/11/holiday-recipe-1-gaudy-green-retro-cake/)
Jordan Weaver - TBC
Louise Mullen - Granny's Festive Fruit Loaf
Julia Davis - some kind of Bundt cake!
Jasmine - Glazed cranberry and nut cake