Time: 2pm - 4pm
Theme: Retro Fantastico
Who can take a rainbow, wrap it in a sigh
Soak it in the sun and make a groovy lemon pie
The Candy Man, the Candy Man can
The Candy Man can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good
The Candy Man makes everything he bakes satisfying and delicious
Now you talk about your childhood wishes, you can even eat the dishes
Imagine the flavour of your favourite retro childhood sweet that you use to pine over through the shop window and save your pocket money for, imagine the nostalgic memories the taste and smell of the sweet treat, and the time and place it transports you back too when the only thing you had to worry about was getting home in time for tea, and what game you was going to play with your mates. Now imagine that experience encapsulated in a lovingly baked and created cakey masterpiece? that's what we would like all our members to do for this extra special sunshine outdoor event. Some ideas to get you thinking are popping candy, black jacks, pineapple cubes, cola bottles, lemon sherbet, parma violets....excited yet? I AM!
please bring a picnic blanket or fold up chair, although some seating will be available, there will also be a cafe to purchase drinks hot and cold, and ices if you wish, and wash room facilities are available. We would love to welcome children also to this event as there will be place to explore and play. You can bring your own drinks if you wish. After the experience of the first event, please do bring along a cake slice for serving if you have one, not to worry if you dont, and a fork or two for the eating, although i will be bringing extra bits this time.
Really looking forward to meeting with everyone again! hope to see you there, and spread the word as there will be plenty of room and no limited spaces :)
Venue: Southchurch amongst the trees and flowers
Additional venue info: Refreshments can be bought from the cafe, toilets are nearby.
Book a placeTo book a place, please contact Clair (Bear) Thienel email@example.com with the following information:
- Details of the event you are booking for
- Are you bringing a guest, if so what is their name
- What cake are you bringing, you can decide later.
Points to remember
- Each cake must be large enough to slice into around 8 – 12 good slices.
- Sorry, but NO cupcakes, Muffins, Brownies, Cookies, Pies or Tarts.
- Home-bakers, professional bakers and men can join in. It's not a competition, no judging, just a lot of fun. And you get to take cake home.
- A baker can bring a guest but you must indicate this at the time of booking
- Take a look at our Home Page to see what fun we have.
- Read what Clandestine Cake Club is all about and have a mosey on over at the disclaimer page before you book.
- Register as a CCC member and join this group.
AttendeesClair, host, Reese's Peanut Chocolate cake
Duncan, cake TBC
Conor, (club mascott) cake TBC
Vanessa & Dave, Toffee Cake
Sandy Plus Guest, (provisional booking)
Ruth & Alan, cake TBC
Becky, Parma Violet Cake
Sue S, cake TBC
Kelly G + Friend, Cake TBC
Laura +3, Chocolate lime cake!
Sue B, cake TBC
Emma B, cake TBC
Emma B's Mumma!, cake TBC
Donna S, Love Heart Cake <3
Lou L, Lemon Sherbert Cake
Karon + other peoples :)