Time: 6pm - 8pm
Theme: Olympian Nations
This month, we're bringing the Olympia opening ceremony to Wakefield! Ok, so we won't have the athletes, the national anthems or, umm, the cows... But we will have cakes! Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to bake a cake inspired - in ingredients, technique or decoration - by an Olympia nation. Pick any country you want - so long as it's competing in London 2012!
Venue: Central Wakefield
Additional venue info: Our venue for this Olympian gathering is in central Wakefield, close to Westgate station and easily accessible by car or public transport. A wide range of refreshments can be purchased.
Book a placeTo book a place, please contact Racheal Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Details of the event you are booking for
- Are you bringing a guest, if so what is their name
- What cake are you bringing, you can decide later.
Additional event info:To book for this event, please email me with your name, the name of your guest if you're bringing one, and the details of your cake.
If you need a bit of extra thinking time, that's absolutely fine, but please email me in advance with at least the name of the country you'll be representing so that we can ensure a properly international event!
Points to remember
- Each cake must be large enough to slice into around 8 – 12 good slices.
- Sorry, but NO cupcakes, Muffins, Brownies, Cookies, Pies or Tarts.
- Home-bakers, professional bakers and men can join in. It's not a competition, no judging, just a lot of fun. And you get to take cake home.
- A baker can bring a guest but you must indicate this at the time of booking
- Take a look at our Home Page to see what fun we have.
- Read what Clandestine Cake Club is all about and have a mosey on over at the disclaimer page before you book.
- Register as a CCC member and join this group.
AttendeesThese are the countries that will be represented in cakey form on 23 July. So that we have a diverse array of cakes to sample, only two bakers per country please! If there is a particular country you'd like to baggsy, please email email@example.com ASAP!
- Greece (X2)
- Great Britain