Well we had a fantastic start to the CCC New Year at Newcastle, 14 cakes made their way along with bakers to the Town Wall pub near Central Station. Big thanks to the venue who gave us our own little alcove and let us spread out all the cakey goodness. It’s a great venue for a gathering and they were really helpful in making sure we had everything we needed, I’d recommend it for a cheeky post work drink as well as for cake devouring, I’m sure we’ll be back again with CCC!
The theme this event was ‘Something old, something new’, giving all our bakers the chance to bring out an old recipe or try something brand new for 2014. The gorgeous selection of cakes is as the extensive list below, but I can personally say that it was quite the range from both our regular bakers and those attending CCC for the first time.
- Iona – Apple sourdough cake
- Lauren H -Pandan angel cake
- Olivia – Sachertorte
- Lisa – Orange polenta cake
- Hannah – Peanut butter cake
- Kate – Banana cake with peanut butter buttercream and caramel
- Nelly – Grapefruit and olive oil cake
- Helen – Swedish almond cake
- Zelda – Chocolate marble cake
- Shelley – Pear and ginger cake
- Lauren G – Oreo cake
- Philippa – Hidden star cake
- Faye – Vegan chocolate pistachio cake
- Hayley – Maple syrup and pecan cake
Well done everyone, I feel inspired for our next event!
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.