Terms and Conditions
Need and nice to know.
Cake Talk is a good place for cakey conversations and with it come a few rules. Cake Talk is not a pre-moderated Forum. We rely on our members to let us know about any posts that break our Guidelines.
Our policy is to let the conversation flow and keep intervention to a minimum. Discretion will be used when it comes to deleting posts/unsavoury comments or Topics and if needed ban posting members from the CCC website. Our aim is to keep CCC a friendly place to visit and be part of.
- No spamming
- No self promotion of your business/ enterprise/cause or charity. Any such comments may be deleted. If you want to advertise please get in touch with us.
- No personal attacks
- No posts that break the law
- No misleading or deliberately inflammatory behaviour
- No Trolling or trollhunting
Any of the above can be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone and everyone is welcome to attend these events, subject to available places, but you do so at your own risk. All the cakes are made by members in their own home. Some cakes/baking may contain nuts and/or other Allergens.
For Health and Safety reasons all cakes must be fully cooked, please do not bring any cakes that contain uncooked batter.
The Clandestine Cake Club cannot be held responsible for the conditions of anyone’s kitchen, yet I am very confident the baking will be done under good hygiene conditions.
- Any recipe uploaded by members on to the CCC website, have not been tested by CCC. We therefore suggest you contact the member if you have any questions.
- Any recipes uploaded to this website have to be originally created by you and not copied from anywhere else. If it’s family/friend’s/blogger’s recipe get permission before you upload it. We don’t want Granny knocking on our door claiming you have given the family secret recipe away. Or dear Mary giving us the GBBO look if we inadvertently post one of her fabulous recipes.
- We reserve the right to delete any recipe that is not in keeping with the above guidelines.
Paid for Advertising
As of 9th July 2015, I connected the Clandestine Cake Club to several Affiliate Programs in order to earn income to help with the cost of running CCC which includes things such as:
- SMTP that includes a separate IP address to ensure successful delivery of all Newsletters and emails that are generated via the website and group. As a result the current rate of delivery is between 99.5% and 99.9%
- Website Hosting
- Website design (a new build is launched July/August 2015)
- Technical support
- Affiliate Windows, one of the programs that CCC is connected with, have more details about Paid for Advertising that you may find interesting.
If by chance you were to buy either of the Clandestine Cake Club Cook Books via the Affiliate image links on the CCC website, you will in fact be contributing to the upkeep of CCC as I receive a small percentage from sales.
Any blog post that contains an affiliate link will be highlighted in bold lettering or will include an Affiliate link add. None of these links are an endorsement from me or CCC, but I will always choose a product or company that I am happy to be associated with and that I think readers will find useful and interesting.
All product reviews will state if and from whom the product was sent and if these were a gift or not. I like to be as open and transparent as possible. I receive lots of requests for reviews and often turn many down because they do not fit with the Clandestine Cake Club. There are plenty of websites and bloggers who know more about fashion than I do, so there is no point in me promoting and reviewing such things on here.
CCC is run by me, Lynn Hill and my trusty laptop in our spare room. All the group organisers are volunteers who love bringing their members together with friendship and cake. With the sale of the Clandestine Cake Club Cook Books and any money I generate through sponsorship and advertising, enables me to keep membership free to anyone who wants to join.
I hope this goes someway to explain why I have joined affiliate programs and why I accept sponsorship and advertising.
If you have any questions feel free to get in touch. I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I can.