- Do you love to bake, bake, bake and share your love of baking with others.
- Do you love to bake, but don’t have anyone to share your baking with?
- Are you an empty nester, but still love the joy of baking for others?
- Have you moved to a new area and want to make new likeminded friends over tea and cake?
- Does depression or loneliness get to you down from time to time and you find that baking helps distract you from your trouble for a few hours?
Joining the Clandestine Cake Club, may just fill each of your needs.
Our mission statement:
Bake, Eat and Talk about Cake.
What to expect
Fun! We all enjoy seeing what others have created. There are themes such as Boozy Cake, Favourite Cakes, Midsummer Madness, Secret Garden, Cocktail & Mocktail, and many more. Come and have a cake-based adventure in a welcoming environment where you can be free and creative with what you bake. Each secret venue is different in size and location so commitment to baking a cake and bringing it along is crucial. It’s free to register as a member where all places are booked online within each club.
Our CCC rules are these:
1. No cupcakes, muffins, brownies, pies or tarts.
2. You can take cake home. Yes, really.
Why the cake-only rule?
This is exclusively a cake club and as far as baking is concerned, slicing and sharing is most definitely caring. The logic behind our cake only rule is simple: we believe that slicing into a cake sparks interaction and conversation. That kind of interaction doesn’t exist when you pick up a brownie.
Why get involved?
Because you love to bake, eat and talk about cake. Because you love the mystique of a secret location and meeting new people. Because you love a themed baking challenge. And because you enjoy experimenting with ingredients, no matter how bizarre, or unusual.
It’s not a competition
We are not competing against each other, so don’t get hung up about what your cake looks or tastes like – it will be great.
If you’d like to have a chat about anything clandestine-y, cake-y or club-y related (preferably all of the above), then please get in touch via email on email@example.com. If you’re printing anything about CCC then please include our rules!
Register as a member and join one of our clubs. Look out for a venue near you, or if there isn’t one, why not create a group yourself! Get in touch and we’ll help you get started.
All enquiries: Lynn@clandestinecakeclub.co.uk