A very simple, fine textured cake with a subtle Almond flavour. The Caramel Sauce is devilishly moreish.
Other bundt cakes that you might like to try.
- Vanilla Bundt Cake with a Blueberry Sauce
- Dark brown sugar Bundt® cake
- Toasted Marshmallow Marbled Bundt® Cake
- Chocolate Pine Forest Bundt® cake
Almond and Amarettini Bundt Cake with Caramel Sauce
- 200 g Unsalted Butter
- 200 g Light Muscovado Sugar
- 200 ml Double Cream
For the Cake
- 170 g Unsalted butter softened
- 170 g Golden Caster Sugar or Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 170 g Self Raising Flour sifted
- 0.5 tsp Baking Powder sifted
- 50 g Amarettini Biscuits finely crushed
- 50 g Ground Almonds
- 1 tbs Milk optional
- Icing sugar for dusting
- 8 Amerettini Biscuits for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 170deg fan assisted 180deg conventional. Spray a 6 cup Bundt tin with cake release spray. If you also dust with flour, make sure you tap out any excess to avoid an unsightly floury crust.
Make the sauce
- Melt the butter and Sugar together over a low heat until it is all melted. Simmer for about 5 mins stirring occasionally. Take off the heat and add the cream. Mix until well combined. Leave to thicken and cool.
Make the Cake
- With an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy and lighter in colour
- Add the eggs one at a time adding a little flour to help prevent curdling.
- Add the remaining flour and the baking powder. Mix until well combined.
- Add the Ground Almonds and crushed Amarettini biscuits. Mix until well combined.
- If the mixture is not of a dropping consistency, add the milk and mix together.
- Spoon the batter carefully into the Bundt tin making sure you fill all the corners of the pattern.
- Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 25-30 mins or until baked, testing the centre of the cake with a skewer until it comes out clean.
- Leave in the tin to cool for about 15 mins, then carefully turn out onto a wire wrap to cool completely.
- Dust the cake with icing sugar and top with the Amarettini biscuits.
- Serve with the Caramel sauce if you wish which will keep in the fridge for several days and can also be used on ice-cream sundaes and other cakes.