As soon as this new Square Bundt Pan arrived in the post, courtesy of NordicWare, I just had to make something special to reflect the summer sunshine.Print
Almond, Wine and White Chocolate Square Bundt Cake
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 12 - 14 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
For the Cake
- 250g Butter Softened
- 250g White Caster Sugar
- 4 medium Eggs
- 250g Self Raising Flour Sieved
- 0.5tsp Baking Powder Sieved
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 100g White Chocolate
- 125ml White Wine
- 100g White Chocolate
- 200g Mixed Soft Fruit such as Raspberries or Blueberries
- Handful of Pomegranate Seeds Optional
- Few Sprigs of Mint Optional decoration
- Icing Sugar for Dusting
- Preheat the oven to 170 deg Fan assisted. Grease a Bundt Squared Pan, or any similar fluted 10cup/2.36 litre Bundt Pan, with Cake Release Spray.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Take off the heat and leave to one side to cool a little
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
While the beater is still going, gradually add the eggs, one at a time, adding a little flour to help prevent curdling. Beat until well combined.
- Add the ground almonds and white chocolate and mix until well combined. Fold in the flour, baking powder, then add the Wine and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared tin, making sure the batter fills all the corners and crevices of the Bundt design. If using a different sized Bundt Pan, make sure that the tin is no more than 3/4 full with cake batter or it will erupt over the pan.
- Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 30 – 35 mins until baked, testing the centre of the cake until it comes out clean. Leave in the tin for at least 10 – 15 mins until it has cooled a little, this will make it easier to turn out. Carefully turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile. Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Take off the heat and leave to cool a little.
- When the cake has cooled, drizzle half the chocolate over the top of the cake, then decorate with the fruit. Drizzle the remaining chocolate over all the fruit and cake.
- Decorate with Pomegranate seeds and Sprigs of Mint if using. Finally dust with Icing Sugar and serve with any remaining left over fruit.
Because of the fresh fruit, this should be kept in the fridge and will last a couple of days. If made with out the fruit topping, it should keep a few days longer if kept in an airtight container.
Keywords: Almond, wine, white chocolate