I had a great brunch over the weekend.
Hubby and I had already taste tested their coffee and cake a few days earlier. I can report a double thumbs up to both and would recommend you try their Morning Cake ™ and Salted Caramel Brownies.
My love of coffee, comes second to my love of tea. I only manage to drink one cup of fresh coffee a day but it has to be a good one. I rarely drink instant, preferring either to brew my own or visit my local coffee shop or even travel to a place where I know they serve up a good brew.
On arrival, the place was already buzzing with Saturday morning customers looking to get their Coffee fix and morning nourishment. The heavy rain had stopped and the weather began to brighten up a little. I’ve been told to cut down on caffeine, so thought I would try their de-caff Latte. A really nice creamy coffee taste. My brew from now on.
The menu can and will change from time to time, so Sarah (Noisette BakeHouse) tells me. This weekend, we had lots to feed our Saturday souls.
First from the menu, for us to taste, was the Granola and Yogurt. A refreshing palette cleanser to set us up for what’s to come. Then came the Cheese and Rye scones. There was no place here for clotted cream and jam. With a spread of butter, which I’m guessing was made by Noisette Bakehouse, they stood out as a scone unto themselves. I resisted the temptation to have more.
This was followed by.
- Avocado Toast with pickled red onion and Furikake. Brunch isn’t brunch without the chance of eating Avocado on Toast.
- Buttermilk biscuit served with Fried Egg, Crispy Bacon and House Made Ketchup. It is definitely a thing to have ketchup on a buttermilk biscuit. Especially when it’s home made.
- Noisette Brioche with Ndali vanilla roasted Cherries and house ricotta. This was refreshing. Just the right amount of sweetness and not overly tart either.
Before you go thinking that I ate all of these full on portions, relax, I got to share them with a couple of my fellow brunchers.
North Star Coffee Academy.
The bakes – Noisette BakeHouse
Having already been for coffee and a Morning cake shortly after North Star opened the previous week, I already knew how delicious their Morning Cake™ is. When baking is this good, I just had to take some more home for the weekend along with a few Salted Caramel Brownies.
After brunch I spoke to Sarah of Noisette BakeHouse, whom I’ve known since she launched Noisette Bakery in 2013 and have been following her success. It’s clear to see the passion she has for the future of North Start Coffee Shop. Her enthusiasm and energy not only shines in the quality of the food her and her team produce, but in the vision she, her sister Hannah and North Star Roasters have for their coffee shop and general store.
Family gatherings, weekend catchups, coffee get togethers. A hub of activity with good wholesome food is what it is. A place to learn more about Coffee, a place to sit, relax and be part of a whole family. I guarantee you will be chatting to the person on the next table soon after you sit down. It has that kind of atmosphere. I love it.
- 15 minutes walk from the city centre at Leeds Dock. Easily accessible either by foot, bus, car or water taxi. Hubby tells me he can do the walk in 9 mins from the Leeds Corn Exchange. So there’s a challenge for you.
- Some free 2 hour roadside parking nearby. Other paid car parking available.
- Open Mon – Fri 7am – 7pm
- Sat 9am – 5pm
- Sun 10am – 4pm
Many thanks to North Star Coffee shop and General store for the invitation to sample your menu. There was no obligation to write this review. All words are my own.