Carrot, Orange and Almond Cake
Servings: 10 - 12 slices
- 1 orange juice of
- 2 oranges zest of
- 80 g sultanas
- 150 g light brown sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 70 ml Mrs Middleston's Rapeseed Oil
- 0.5 tsp orange extract
- 0.5 tsp mixed spice
- 250 g ground almonds
- 225 g grated carrots
- Icing sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 170deg grease and line an 8ins cake tin
- Add the zest, orange juice, and sultanas into a pan, gently heat and simmer for a couple of minutes. Turn off the heat and leave to cool.
- With an electric mixer, beat the eggs, oil and sugar together for a few minutes until well combined, continue beating and add the orange extract and mixed spice. Beat for a few more minutes.
- Add the ground almonds, carrots, sultanas & orange mixture to the egg mixture and mix, not beat, until well combined.
- Add the batter to the tin and bake in the oven for 50 – 55 mins. Testing the centre of the cake with a skewer until it comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for a few moments before turning out to cool completely before slicing.
- Dust with icing sugar.
Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 241mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 78.4% | Vitamin C: 27.3% | Calcium: 10% | Iron: 8.6%