The Spice of Life
- In Selby town centre.
Parking is within the town centre and there will be refreshments available to buy.
I am sorry that I will be away on holiday for this event but Shirl is going to step in and run things for me. She will be taking the photos and sending them to me so I can update the event on CCC website.
If I was coming to th event I would be making carrot cake and adding Speculaas Spice. I bought mine in Netherlands but here is the recipe if you'd like to make your own.
Makes: 4 tablespoons
6 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground mace or 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper (optional)
1 teaspoon ground aniseed (optional)
Points to remember
- Each cake must be large enough to slice into around 8 - 12 good slices.
- Sorry, but no cupcakes, muffins, brownies, cookies, pies or tarts.
- Anyone can join in. It's not a competition, no judging, just a lot of fun. And you get to take cake home.
- A baker can bring a guest, but you must indicate this at the time of booking.
- A cake loving guest does not have to bring a cake. They get to eat cake and can take cake home too.
- Full location details will be sent via Private Message to those who have Booked a Place