No bake, Easy to make. Chocolate and Fruit Tiffin.
Chocolate Tiffin is a no bake confection consisting of crushed biscuits, sugar, syrup, raisins and cocoa powder. It’s often covered with a layer of melted dark chocolate.
This cake like confection is chilled in the fridge. But only until set. Leave it in the fridge any longer and fat crystals, in the form of white speckles, will form in the chocolate which you will not be able to remove once this happens. Although these crystals may look unsightly, the chocolate is still good to eat. Something to think about if you are making this chocolate tiffin to sell.
Great for bake sales
Chocolate Tiffin is the ideal confection to make when it comes to raising funds for charities and bake sales. And a great recipe for kids to get involved with. Keeps well in an airtight tin.
At Christmas time or any special occasion. Try this Fruit and Nut Tiffin wreath
Chocolate and Fruit Tiffin
- 200 g Butter
- 50 g Light Brown Sugar
- 5 tbs Cocoa Powder
- 8 tbs Golden Syrup
- 450 g Digestive Biscuits - approx 30 Biscuits. Very Finely Crushed
- 400 g Sultanas or Mixed Dried Fruits
- 100 g White Chocolate
- 300 g Dark or Milk Chocolate
- Have ready 2 x 8ins (20cm) loose bottomed sandwich tins. No need to line them.
- Place the Butter, Sugar, Cocoa Powder and Syrup in a large pan and heat gently until melted and fully combined.
- Remove from the heat and add the Sultanas and crushed biscuits. Stir until well covered with the cocoa mixture. Be patient, this will take time. Don’t be tempted to add any additional liquid, you’ll be sorry if you do, it just won’t set.
- Divide the mixture into each of the prepared sandwich tins, firmly pressing down with a spoon. Place in the fridge to cool completely
- Melt the chocolates separately in clean bowls over a pan of simmering water
- Once the two tins of fruit mixture has set, cover with the Dark/Milk chocolate. Ensuring all the fruit mixture is covered. Leave around 20 mins to set a little.
- Pour the white chocolate into a piping bag and snip the end. Immediately drizzle the Tiffins with White chocolate.
- Return to the fridge to set a little, but do not leave in the fridge or unsightly crystals will form on the chocolate that you will not be able to correct. Preferably leave in a cool place, to set completely.