As an alternative to Christmas pudding, make this Pine Forest Chocolate bundt cake. Made in no time at all. For an alternative flavour, use different flavoured cocoa powders, such as those from Sugar and crumbs. I used their Cherry Chocolate flavoured cocoa powders, but you can use any cocoa powder.
Dust with icing sugar before serving and decorate with chocolate treats.
Chocolate Pine Forest Bundt® cake
- 280 g butter softened
- 280 g golden caster sugar
- 5 medium eggs
- 200 g self raising flour
- 80 g cocoa powder
- 110 ml vanilla or plain yogurt
- icing sugar for dusting
- chocolate snow men for decoration optional
- Preheat the oven to 170deg (fan assisted)
- Prepare the Pine Forest Bundt pan by spraying with cake release spray and coat with flour. Dust off any excess flour. Leave to one side.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the sugar and butter until lighter in colour and a little fluffy. Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed.
- Gradually add the eggs, one at a time, adding a little flour each time. Mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining flour, cocoa powder and yogurt. Mix until well combined.
- Carefully spoon the mixture into the bundt pan, ensuring the batter fills all the pine forest crevices.
- Bake in the over for about 40 – 50 mins or until baked. Testing the different parts of the cake with a skewer until it comes out clean. If needed cover the top of the cake with baking parchment to help prevent the cake burning.
- Take out of the oven and leave in the tin to cool for 10 – 15 mins, before turning out onto a wire wrack to cool completely.
- Shower with icing sugar and decorate with chocolate snowmen.
- This cake will keep in an air tight container for a couple of days.40