These cranberry and oat cookies are perfect for the autumn and festive season with a cup of mid morning coffee.Print
Cranberry and Oat cookies
These cranberry and oat cookies are perfect for the autumn and festive season with a cup of mid morning coffee.
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 10 - 12
- Category: Cookies
- Method: baking
- 200g butter, softened
- 100g icing sugar, sifted
- 200g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 50g porridge oats
- 100g dried cranberries
- caster sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180c fan
Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter and icing sugar until soft, light and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour, mixed Spice and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the oats and cranberries. Bring the mixture together to form a dough.
- Roll walnut sized pieces of dough in your hands.
- Place them on the prepared baking tray. Flatten each one a little with the bottom of a glass. Use a small piece of baking parchment under the glass to help prevent it sticking to the dough.
Bake in the oven for around 15 mins or until lightly golden.
- Take them out of the oven and dust with caster sugar.
Keywords: cranberry, cookies, oats,