Sometimes you just want a nice chocolate glaze topping that’s easy to make and doesn’t crack when sliced. This is perfect for topping and glazing a traybake, covering chocolate eclairs, shortbread fingers, and more.
Let me know how you get on and what you used the topping for.
Easy chocolate glaze that hardens and doesn't crack when sliced.
- 200 g dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 90 g unsalted butter
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir frequently until melted and smooth. Leave to one side to cool a little.
- Pour the chocolate over the top of the cake while still in the baking tin. Or as desired.
- Before it sets completely, use a fork to create a zig zag pattern in the chocolate.
- Score the chocolate topping into individual slices to make it easier to slice when ready to eat.