Hot chocolate and marshmallow cookies (with cream!)
125g butter, softened
125g soft brown sugar
100g caster sugar
250g self-raising flour
200g white chocolate
50g hot chocolate powder (any brand!)
Whipped cream to serve
- Pre heat your oven to about 175 degrees and line two baking trays with parchment to stop sticking.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy and combined and then add the egg.
- Once the wet ingredients are fully combined, leave them to rest while you chop the white chocolate up into chunks (as big or small as you like!)
- Add the flour and hot chocolate powder slowly, and mix with a spoon rather than a mixer, to stop yourself from over beating the mixture. Cookies aren’t great if they have had too much mixing.
- Once you have firm dough, add the marshmallows and chocolate chips. If your mixture is too wet to form a firm ball, add some more flour.
- Pop mixture into the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, either using an ice cream scoop (my preferred way!) or just a spoon, pop 6 balls of the cookie dough onto each tray. (you may only get 6 cookies, depending how big you wish them to be!)
- Slightly press the balls of dough down to make a more cookie like shape then pop them in the oven and bake for approx 15 – 20 mins or until baked.
- The cookies should be golden brown and fairly firm when done, but they will also firm up as they cool so don’t worry if they’re a bit soft when they come out of the oven.
Serve warm with cream, or cold as a cookie and cream sandwich!
Bake along with us on social media using the hashtag #AdventBakeAlong @itsmadebyleah