I recently bought a jar of ‘Proper Nutty’ Peanut Butter from NorthStar Coffee Shop. It’s one of my favourite places in Leeds for good coffee and cakes. All the baking is done by Sarah Lemanski and her team of Noisette Bakehouse.
Not everyone in my family are a fan of peanut butter being served by itself, so I thought about making some brownies and adding a few dollops to the mix. The result was perfection. A hint of peanut butter with a rich chocolate taste.
Delicious and fudgy.
If you don’t like peanut butter, a good alternative would be Lindt Hazelnut paste.
Try making some and let me know how you get on.
Peanut Butter Brownies
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 35
- Yield: 10 - 12 slices 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- 200g good quality dark chocolate min 50% cocoa
- 175g unsalted butter
- 320g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1tsp vanilla extract or paste. Or the seeds from 1 Vanilla pod.
- 130g plain flour
- 6 rounded teaspoons of Peanut Butter
- Preheat the oven to 170 fan assisted. Grease and line a 28cm x 20cm x 5cm baking tray, with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- When melted, take off the heat and add the sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add the vanilla to the beaten egg. Give it a little mix until well combined. This will help the vanilla flavour to disperse evenly throughout the mixture.
- Add the flour and egg mix to the sugar chocolate mix. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared baking tray. With the dollops of Peanut butter, create swirls of peanut butter and chocolate evenly into the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 30 – 35 mins. Or until you have a crusty top and a squidgy soft centre. Leave in the tray to cool a little before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into squares. Will keep in an airtight container for a few days.
Keywords: Peanut butter, brownie, chocolate,